Cipla Lisinopril, previously marketed as Zemax, is a medication commonly prescribed for the treatment of hypertension (high blood pressure), heart failure, and to improve survival rates following a heart attack. The active ingredient in Cipla Lisinopril is lisinopril, an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor that helps relax blood vessels and reduces the workload on the heart.
Dosage and Administration:
Cipla Lisinopril is available in 10 mg tablets. The dosage and administration of this medication can vary depending on the condition being treated:
- The usual starting dose for adults is 10 mg once a day.
- The dosage can be adjusted by your doctor based on your blood pressure response.
- Maintenance doses typically range from 20 mg to 40 mg per day, taken as a single dose or divided into two doses.
- Heart Failure:
- The usual starting dose for adults is 2.5 mg to 5 mg once a day.
- The dosage is gradually increased to a target maintenance dose of 20 mg once a day, as tolerated.
- Post-Myocardial Infarction (Heart Attack):
- The initial dose is 5 mg within the first 24 hours of a heart attack.
- This is followed by a maintenance dose of 10 mg once a day for six weeks.
It’s important to note that the dosage may vary based on your individual medical history and your doctor’s recommendations. Always follow your doctor’s instructions regarding the dosage and duration of treatment.
Cipla Lisinopril tablets should be taken orally with a glass of water. It can be taken with or without food. It’s advisable to take the medication around the same time each day to help establish a routine.
Possible Side Effects:
While Cipla Lisinopril is generally well-tolerated, it may cause side effects in some individuals. Common side effects include:
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
Serious side effects are rare but may include:
- Swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat (indicating an allergic reaction)
- Severe dizziness or fainting
- Rapid or irregular heartbeat
- Signs of kidney problems (changes in urination)
If you experience any severe or persistent side effects, consult your doctor immediately.
Before taking Cipla Lisinopril, inform your doctor if you:
- Have a history of allergies
- Have kidney disease
- Have liver disease
- Are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding
- Are taking any other medications, including over-the-counter drugs and supplements
Do not stop taking Cipla Lisinopril abruptly without consulting your doctor, as sudden discontinuation can lead to an increase in blood pressure.
In conclusion, Cipla Lisinopril (previously Zemax) is an ACE inhibitor used to treat conditions such as hypertension, heart failure, and post-heart attack management. It comes in 10 mg tablets, with dosages varying based on the medical condition. Always follow your doctor’s instructions, and inform them of any other medications you are taking or medical conditions you have. If you experience any severe side effects, seek medical attention promptly.