Brufen is the brand name for the generic medication ibuprofen, which is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It is available in the form of 400mg tablets. Ibuprofen is commonly used to relieve pain, reduce inflammation, and lower fever.
- Pain Relief: Brufen is commonly used to alleviate various types of pain, including headaches, toothaches, menstrual cramps, muscle aches, and joint pain. It can provide temporary relief by reducing inflammation and blocking pain signals in the body.
- Inflammation Reduction: The medication is effective in reducing inflammation caused by conditions like arthritis, sprains, strains, and minor injuries.
- Fever Reduction: Brufen can help lower fever, making it useful in managing conditions such as colds, flu, and other viral or bacterial infections.
- It is important to follow the instructions provided by your healthcare professional or as indicated on the packaging.
- The usual recommended dose for adults is 400mg, taken orally every 4 to 6 hours, as needed.
- It is advisable to take Brufen with food or milk to minimize the risk of stomach upset.
- Do not exceed the maximum daily dose of 1,200mg without consulting a healthcare professional.
- For children or individuals with specific medical conditions, the dosage and frequency may vary. It is crucial to consult a healthcare professional for appropriate guidance.
Side Effects: While Brufen is generally well-tolerated, it may cause certain side effects, including:
- Upset stomach, indigestion, or heartburn
- Nausea or vomiting
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Rash or skin irritation
- Fluid retention or swelling
- Increased blood pressure
If you experience severe or persistent side effects or allergic reactions, such as difficulty breathing, chest pain, or swelling of the face, lips, or tongue, seek immediate medical attention.
It is important to note that long-term or excessive use of NSAIDs like Brufen can increase the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding, ulcers, and cardiovascular events. It is advised to use the medication at the lowest effective dose for the shortest duration necessary, under the guidance of a healthcare professional. Individuals with certain medical conditions, such as stomach ulcers, kidney or liver disease, or a history of heart problems, should exercise caution and consult a healthcare professional before taking Brufen.